Thursday 6 January 2011

Halfway through...



This series of photos shows how the sculpt has progressed up to the point where I have the opportunity to insert eye blanks. Sculpting around fast cast versions of the glass eyes (that I have bought for this project) will make sure that the empty silicone eye sockets will accommodate the real glass eyes perfectly.

The last two photos are of when I roughed out the shape of the goat man's hair and beard so I could visualize the finished piece a bit better and see whether the shape of the face needed altering.

Due to a spot of bad luck with shipping from America, my eyes have not arrived in time for the beginning of the sculpt. Luckily, a friend already owned glass eyes of the same shape and diameter with a silicone mould of them for me to cast out blanks from. This means I can now insert these blanks and carry on refining the features.