Friday 11 February 2011

Finished Piece


This is the final piece. After I finished punching the hair (a day earlier than scheduled), I cast out the horns in gelcoat resin with a tad of white pigment, stained them with inks and fitted them into the bust using silicone bathroom sealant. I also painted a small amount of clear FuseFX paint around the eyelid edges to fully integrate the eyes into the head.

Although I decided at the beginning of the project that the base wouldn't be a priority, I found I had some time before hand-in to clean it up quickly and spray it a more presentable shade of black. I planned to do this originally as I airbrushed the back of the silicone on the bust so it faded into black where it met the edge of the base.

I hope to post better photos of the finished bust after the hand-in with multiple angles. Click on the image above for a larger version.